The latest tool in schools, Social Emotional Learning, helps teens manage their emotions and keep their stress in check – and it’s gaining traction across the country.
With numerous programs implemented in thousands of schools, measuring success is tricky, and SEL has mixed reviews. Yet there is mounting evidence that the right program, properly integrated, yields academic rewards. Congress has even allowed funding for SEL in the new education law.
To learn more about teens and stress, see our extensive special report with Soledad O’Brien: http://wb.md/1SNUDwb
Subscribe to WebMD here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WebMD
These business quotes are a gamechanger. Get ready for some inspiration and action-packed advice.
1. “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new.” — Socrates, father of Western philosophy
2. “Always deliver more than expected.” — Larry Page, co-founder of Google
3. “Don’t take too much advice. Most people who have a lot of advice to give — with a few exceptions — generalize whatever they did. Don’t over-analyze everything. I myself have been guilty of over-thinking problems. Just build things and find out if they work.” — Ben Silbermann, founder of Pinterest
4.“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” — John Quincy Adams, 6th President of the United States
5. “Every time we launch a feature, people yell at us.” — Angelo Sotira, co-founder of deviantART
6.“Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can
1. “Never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.”
— Winston Churchill
2. “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.”
— Tony Hsieh
3. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”
— Winston Churchill
4. “I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.”
— G. K. Chesterton
5. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.”
— Thomas J. Watson
6. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”
– Jim Rohn
7. “The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are